The Office of General Counsel maintains the policies contained in the Appalachian State University Policy Manual which are applicable to all faculty, staff, students and visitors of the University.
University Policies are developed, reviewed, revised, approved and published in accordance with the standards and procedures specified in University Policy 101, Policy on Policies.
The following are recently revised or newly implemented Appalachian State University policies:
- Policy 602.21, Improper Relationships Between Students and Employees, Revised September 19, 2023
- Policy 102.2, Legal Services Revised August 28, 2023
- Policy 601.10, Administrative Separation/Retreat to Faculty Position Revised August 28, 2023
- Policy 110, Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, and Sex-Based Misconduct Revised July 26, 2023 (this is a combination of Policy 110 and Policy 112, Title IX and Sex-Gender-Based Misconduct)
- Policy 108, Equal Opportunity Revised July 26, 2023
- Policy 910 Statement of Confidentiality Revised July 6, 2023
- Policy 510. 2 Travel to Destinations of Elevated Risk Revised June 21, 2023
- Policy 111.1 Protection of Minors Revised June 7, 2023
- Policy 303.29 Laboratory Safety New May 15, 2023