Crawford H. Cleveland III
Assistant General Counsel
Crawford currently serves as Assistant General Counsel for Appalachian State University where he joined the Office of General Counsel in April of 2019. His primary areas of practice for the University are litigation, matters involving Student Affairs and Student Conduct, Title IX, construction law and real property matters, and utility law for New River Light & Power. Prior to this position, he was a partner with di Santi, Watson, Capua, Wilson & Garrett, PLLC in Boone, North Carolina. He has experience in general civil litigation and has served as a County Attorney for Watauga County while he was with the firm. In addition, he also has in-house counsel experience with a large construction company in Louisiana from his time in New Orleans.
As the President of the 35th Judicial District Bar for the 2021-2022 term, Crawford believes in service to fellow attorneys and to the public. He was appointed by the State Bar Council to serve as Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for the North Carolina State Bar Lawyer Assistance Program beginning in 2020 for a three-year term. In the past, he has held the office of President of the Watauga County Bar Association and particularly enjoys his engagement with the local legal community.
In the High Country, Crawford has served on boards and in leadership positions both in Boone and Blowing Rock. When he is not at work, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Brynn, and their two boys. They like to ski, hike, and do just about anything together outside during the four seasons.
- The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee – B.A. English
- Charlotte School of Law, North Carolina – Juris Doctor
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- 35th Judicial District Bar, President 2021-2022
- Watauga County Bar Association, President 2018-2019
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- University of North Carolina System Attorneys Group
- NC Lawyer Assistance Program, Board of Directors Vice Chair 2020-2023
- NC LAP Foundation, Board of Directors 2020-2023
- Appalachian Ski Mountain, Ski Patrol Candidate 2021-2022
- St. Mary of the Hills Episcopal Church, Blowing Rock, Vestry 2018-2020
- Watauga County Children’s Council, Board of Directors 2016-2019
- Boone Sunrise Rotary 2016-2018
- Higher Education
- Real Property
- Student Affairs
- Utility and Energy